Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Beginnings!

Hi guys! 

Love you so much! So let me tell you about my week.


So saturday the ward secretary called us and asked to speak to me.  He asked is the Bishop had told me that I would be speaking tomorrow in church. I said no, and he told me that I would be the second speaker and that I would have ten minutes to speak. After that we went home so I could prepare and study for my talk. We had two more sisters living with us at the time, because their house got robbed. So later that night we walked to their chapel so we could pick them us and show them the way home so they would know how to walk to their chapel in the morning. As we were leaving that night we had a drunk guy start following us and talking to the four of us. Usually after awhile they stop and leave you alone, but we just couldnt shake this one off. We gave him about every excuse we could think of to try and get him to leave us, but he was just really determined because he wanted to see where we lived. So when we got back into our part of town, we luckily crossed the street before he could and then started to walk really fast to get some distance in between us. He was still following us, but we were able to lose him and get into our house before he found us. It was funny because at church yesterday a member said that she saw us and that he just wasnt going to stop following us. She thought is was funny because we were practically running. We werent to worried about it, but one of the sisters whose house was just robbed was a little more strung up than usual. If we werent able to have lost him we would have gone to another members house.  But the Lord is always watching out for us. 

Sunday morning the Elders called right before church and told me that I was being transfered to Porto Velho and that I would be leaving that night. That was the most stressful part. So we went to church and then our lunch for that day quickly drove us to their house to eat and then drove us back to the church. I had about three hours to pack, then we went to the office, picked up my passport and then waited for our district leader to get to the office. He got transfered to Porto Velho too (we are in the same zone) so the couple that drove him and his companion gave me a ride to the airport. It was a regular plane ride,a  small plane, but none the less it was a regular plane that you find in the airport. I was the only sister from Manaus that was being transfered, so it was just me and a whole bunch of elders. It was a lot of fun! The plane ride was about two hours long. The elder I sat by was afraid of flying. So I talked to him the whole time, and he practiced using his English. The elder that sat behind me let me see his pokemon cards and told me about the pokemon game he was designing. When we got to Porto Velho is was fun because Presidente Klein was there and he waved to us all as we walked by the glass doors outside. I dont know what he was doing there, but he was. So we got home, slept for a few hours and then got up at four to take Sister Larsons old companion to the airport. :) My body is sore from carrying my bags, and the stress travel brings, and from sleeping on the floor, but let the good times roll. 

So my new companion is Sister Larson. She has eight months on her mission already, but last transfer was her first in Brazil. Her last companion knew English and so she didnt get to speak portuguese as much as she wanted. I remember what she feels like, so I will be helping her learn portuguese. I guess it is a blessing in disguise that my last companion Sister Rocha really only spoke English with me. If she hadnt I wouldnt be able to explain these things in english to Sister Larson to help her learn portuguese. I am excited to be here, it is really pretty. It is deffinietly not as hot as it is in Manaus, but the sun is a lot stronger and there are a ton of mosquitoes.   

Speaking of the sun, This last tuesday another blue nevus showed up on my left leg. Remember that blue freckle that I have on my arm, well I know have one on my leg too. I dont know if I need to do anything about is, but I know that I will be better about wearing sunscreen here. The sun is closer here, so it is a lot stronger. 

Anyways that was my week so I will be working to learn a new area and loving more people!! I am super excited for the adventures ahead, sepecially because my comp has only been here one transfer and doesnt remember exactly how to get everywhere.  

It is such a crazy thought that Ryan is going to be leaving so soon! I am super excited for him! I am glad that you guys had fun learning from reading everyones patriarchal blessings. It sounds like things are going well for you guys and that you and mom get to teach primary together. It sounds like it is a blast!

Teasing Sterling as usual, keep it up. :) LOL Good luck with all of your competitions!

As for that man who died, the name doesnt ring a bell, but I will definitely pray for his family.

So at that family home evening we had last week our member invited a really cool person that I think Sterling and Remmington would have loved to meet. So these members are really nerdy and the guy they invited is in charge of translating all of the pokemon cards for Brazil or maybe just Manaus, but he was showing me all of his pictures of all of the replicas of the pokemon badges that he has and he told us that he also has one of the rarest cards. He will be going to washington in a little bit to be a judge in the mundial pokemon championship. He showed me the pictures of his special jude clothes too. He was really neat and said that he would give me and my companion a deck, but I got transfered...When my comp gets them she will leave one at the office for me. To thank him we had a member print out a coloring page of pokemon and colored it for him.

Yup, that is my week. I love you all! Thank you for all of the service that you do!!

Ciao, Sister Chatwin 

*I would still like to hear from Paul Davis, and you should also tell Sarah Hatch to email me too! 
I got Bryce Burks letter, you should tell him thank you for it on Facebook. 

Did Ryans friend from work come to church to hear him speak(question mark) 

No comments:

Post a Comment