Monday, November 4, 2013

The Return to Central Standard Time

:( Sadly I don't have acess to google drive. So I wasn't able to watch the video. But........... WAY COOL!!! I AM SO PROUD AND HAPPY FOR RYAN! Seriously, I broke down in tears when I got to read where he was going!!  I am so so so so happy for him and for the learning and growth that he will have during his mission!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Seriously. Bem legal. He'll be able to talk with Sanshiroh too. I miss that kid. Tell him hi for me! ! Even cooler. AHHH. SO HAPPY!

As for Brasil, I don't think we switch time zones. I haven't heard anything of the sort here. It's kind of nice not to worry about that here. :)

I am glad that you all had a good band season! I miss you so much, but I am so so so happy to be seeing all these blessings in your lives! :)

Saturday was a holiday here. Our stake had an activity in the Taruma Cemetary. We handed out mountains of pass along cards to almost every one we saw. Seriously. I bet most of Manaus was in that cemetary on Saturday. My companion and I arrived at 8 and we didn't find the other enterance until 9. That place is immense. The people of Brasil have an immense love for their family. It is a beautiful place, its a more rural cemetary, kind of like the family cemetary in Taos, but a lot bigger. And completely surrounded by forest. Beautiful amazon forest with clear blue skys. I wish I had had my camera. :) I took lots of pictures in my mind before all the people arrived and we were put to work. 

Our area is big, we have the area by our house and then a street that connects to the other part of our area. We work a lot in the other part of the area, because we have more sucess there. Its a 40-60 walk from where we live. We walk there almost every day now. My legs are getting quite strong, and also quite sore. I wake up with charlie horses most days, but you don't need to worry. :) Scuba diving taught me how to quickly get rid of them. I need to find some better streches for my legs though, any ideas?

We are super busy here, with all this walking and teaching. Its ironic because Sister Freitas and I haven't had time to buy groceries for quite some time. :) But you all have no need to worry, the scripture in D&C 88 is true. Missionaries never have to worry where thier next meal will come from. We don't have any food in the house, but our members are super great and are always feeding us. We always have a lot to eat, yes sometimes we are hungry, but it never lasts long. :) We are deffinitely blessed. Sister Freitas and I were joking that as long as we are in this area we will only have to buy food for breakfast. Which ironically we ran out of this week. :) :) Alas, all is well. We have money to buy food, we just don't have time to go to the super market.

I love my mission, and my companion!! We are getting to be such good friends! I am so excited for all the things Ryan will learn. Ryan, make sure you take my address with you. I want you to write me letters and brag about all the good Japanese food you will be eating. FOR SURE I WANT YOUR ADDRESS TOO. I'll send you pretty letters with princess stickers and princess paper.  

As I was telling mom, I am going to try and buy a speaker today in the center of town. So if you guys want you can send a USB for Christmas with music or recorded messages from you guys. Be creative! I love you all so much and I wish that you could be here with me learning all of these things!

Yesterday I was thinking of the concept of how as missionaries, we aren't here to try and convince people to change religions, but to invite you to change your way of life. To allow you more happiness and more freedom, to help for find the joy that I have. That every member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has. Our religion is a way of life, not a Sunday only activity. I love all of the oppourtunities I have to help people here. I have seen lives change and we get to share this with our investigators. We get to see the joy this gospel brings into the live of many people. I love this calling and I am learning so much about the simple truths.

Funny thought, many people think that I am brasilian. I look like a brasilian! The only way they find out that I am not a brasilian is when I speak, but I can fix that! Hehe, by the end of my mission no one will know that I am American. I am getting so tan. My chacos tan is the bomb, some of the members think that it is really cool. I even have a tan from the heel strap.  I joke with my companion that after 1 1/2 years in this sun, no one will recognize me. I use my sunscreen every day, yet I still get tanner.

Anywhos I love you all so so much! I think I won't get to talk with mom today. I think because of the time change you all had that she will have to start looking for my emails at a different time, because the time didn't change here in Brazil. 

Again sending my love!!!! I want to write you all another letter, and I will when I have time! 

A scripture that I have written in my planner to share is Jacob 4: 3-4, I don't quite remember what it says, but I think that it talks about the strength of these words written in my weakness. Anyways, ponder on it. Ponder on the words you write in your weaknesses. Our thoughts have such a great power and strength, always.

My thoughts are a little scattered today, I have been really busy this week and I woke up this morning thinking what can I tell my family? Just know that I always love you. I am doing super dooper, making new friends and loving my companion. :) I will sure be sad when this transefer is over. Usually after the 12 weeks of training you get a new companion, but I am super excited to meet new people. AND especially excited for the next transfer because that means...... Ryan's last birthday in the states for two years annnnd CHRISTMAS! :D :D :D I get to talk with you all again! I am getting excited! Veronica's family is putting up Christmas trees and decorations in their house right now to celebrate before she leaves in 2 weeks. :) It was fun to watch them set up the beautiful trees and decorations last night when we stopped by to say goodnight. 


I serioulsly have so much love in my heart today, and I am so so so so happy for Ryan! GO JAPAN! Every mission has a song here, I am excited to hear what Ryan's mission song is, I am excited to get to hear him speak Japanese too!! :) :P 

I pray for you all daily!! 

With love, 
Sister Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment