Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving in the Rockies

Hello dear family!! 

Sorry that I am late writing to you! Today has been a busy day! 

Transfers, I am staying here in Flores for my third transfer... although I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Rocha. She was born in Brazil, but lives in the USA. It looks as though we will have a lot of fun together. 

This last week was tough. Sister Freitas was deffinitely a learning experience. We sure had our rough spots, but my faith, love and paitence sure have grown a lot. :)  

I met Sister Lomonte today, she was a roomate of Stacy Kneibs. It sure is a small world. 

hmmm...ah ha. What is the portuguese name for pirhanna? Pacu? If so I have eaten it various times here without realizing it. 

I sure do love you all alot. Like really a lot! I sure do miss you all. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Colorado with the Family! I wish I could have been there but... I am here in Brazil. :) I spent the day watching the Elders that are leaving prepare to go home. Time sure does pass fast here, and I pondered on the thought of the day when I will return home. It is a  strange thought. 

I am excited to stay in Flores. The area is difficult with baptisms and stuff for this mission, but I am fine with it. I get to spend Christmas here with people I know. Also, all of the missionaries here in Manaus will get to sing in the missionary choir in front of the temple for Christmas. I think this is one of the reasons I am excited to stay here. We will get to eat Christmas lunch in the house of Irma Tareza. :) She is like a mom to us. 

This week Tareza´s grandson went with his grandpa to buy an ice cream cone. We ran into him on our way out and he proudly asked if I wanted to try it. I said no, he then practically shoved the ice cream cone in my face and said that I did want to try it. It was very funny!

We were having a short lesson with our Recent Convert and he asked that I say the closing prayer in English. For your information he speaks Spanish and is currently learning Portuguese, so it is a mixture of languages right now. I am proud to say that my English (in my opinion) is horrible.  I recognized that I am thinking mostly in Portuguese now. Good luck when I skype you all for Christmas.


Also, I gave my camera to the husband of Tareza. They should both be your friends on facebook... Anyways he is slowly sending my pictures to you! Sister Freitas was using the computers here in the internet cafe to send pictures and her camera got 6 viruses. 


Anyways I love you all so so so much and am so very anxious to talk with you again! I am excited to. We live right by the office here, so there shouldn´t be a delay with recieveing packages. :) Speaking of which, a quick shout-out to the mother of Sister Morales! HELLO <3 

I am loving my mission and learning lots! It sure is a different way of life, but I love it oh so very much. Sometimes I forget and let the adversary into my mind and think about if this is what I really want to do, but then I remember in my mind that my life will be in the service of the Lord. This is the work I want to do, this is the work I love. Forget yourself and go to work!

Its so speacial that Ryan was able to recieve the Melchezideck preisthood in Grand Junction. Parabens!

FEEL BETTER REMMINGTON! 

Ahh the memories that are coming to my mind right now. These are all things that we will have to do when I return next January. :) Hicking, spending time with family, seeing the sights around Colorado. :) I love you all so much! Sorry I didn´t have much time today, but next week I will have a full two hours to email you all. :D :D
LOVE L OVE LOVE,
-Sister Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment