Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hello Familia

Hello familia! :)
I am so glad to hear that you all are doing well. I hope you had wonderful birthdays!! I sure do miss you. Today we got to go to the Campinas temple because the Sao Paulo temple is closed for cleaning. I am super excited to hear that Ryan is starting his papers! The Holy Ghost wouldn't let me leave the temple today with out putting Ryan's name on the prayer roll. Special blessings from Brazil are coming his way! :) What did you do for your birthdays? I sang happy birthday to you guys on sunday, and then on the 13 I sang happy birthday to Kirsten and Riana. I am so glad to hear that you are getting more rain! That is such a blessing :) This week all of our teachers are speaking only portuguese, we have had some tough days trying to learn, but we always find a way to laugh and end the day on a good note. I have been reading my scriptures a LOT and I love it! In that broadcast I told you to find last week it says that we are our number one converts. Once we are truly converted to live in the way Christ did, then we can better teach people how to come unto Christ and find the peace and joy that we have as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. I have read all of Joseph Smith history; did you know that when he prayed to God asking to know which church was correct that that was the first time he had ever prayed vocally? It's in verse 14 I think. It is such an amazing example that when we act on the faith we have God does answer our prayers. I pray for everyone almost every night. Sometimes these 16 hours work days make it a little hard to remember what I want to say. I love how much we work here. I really do. I have also been reading a lot in John chapters 14-17 are super dooper inspiring. I love being able to study the life of Christ while he was on the earth. I also like Luke 22:31-32 It tells us that the Lord prays for us to have the strength to withstand the temptations of the devil. I love knowing that the Lord prays for us, all the time. Just as we pray to our Father in Heaven for help, He prays to help us find our answers. We just have to be looking for those answers to come. We can do this by keeping our bodies free from harmful substances and by doing good things that are pleasing to the Lord. It is not always easy, I find myself repenting daily because I make so many mistakes. The Lord blesses us when we try though, I know that. I have seen His loving hand in my life so much while I have been here. I am trying to be more greatful and give credit where credit is due. Our Heavenly Father truly cares for each of His children. He loves us all equally and we should be willing to love everyone as well. It is not always easy, but we should try and help others and let go of our pride. I love my family so much!! I can't wait to hear from you next week :) I know that when we are in the service of our fellow beings that we are only in the service of our God. Mosiah 2: 17 or 7, I don't remember what verse :)    I have a scripture to share that completely explains why I am all the way here in Brazil working my tush off to learn portuguese. John 15:9 I am here because I love my Father in Heaven and want to continue in His love!
May God be with you all this week,
Sister Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment