Wednesday, September 4, 2013

One More Week - Updates from Sister Chatwin 9/4/13


This week was amazing. I have learned so much while being here. I will pray for Elder Ogden. I can imagine that he is having a difficult time. I got to read in my scriptures a lot this week so | have a big list for you! :) Luke 18:19 MaTT 6:9-13 Matt 13:44-46 Matt 6:22 Matt 4:4 Matt9:10 Matt 10:16, 20 Matt 12: 10-14 Matt 14:22-33 

As you can see I read a lot in Matthew. It has really been manifested to me this last week how much the Spirit blesses us to learn and to grow. Twice this last week were had such a strong spirit present after our devotionals. I have grown to love being a missionary and the blessings that come with it. I am so close with the people in my district, and I would wish that every one of my friends could understand the love and knowledge that come while we are doing the service of God as missionarys. 

I wish you all could be here with me and that I could tell you every day what I learn. The mission has become my pearl of great price and I truly would give everything I own for this experience. I have grown so much and learned so much and it has only  been one week. I am excited for Manaus next week, I am excited to be teaching people and not my teachers. :) 

I don't know if I told you this, but my first week here we were being interviewed by our branch president and he asked me why I was serving a mission. I gave him my truthful answer of how I have always wanted to serve. He looked at me and asked if it talked about my mission in my patriarchal blessing. I said yes and then he told me that when I look into the eyes of people, when I hug people, and when I shake their hands to pay speacial attention to the Spirit and what I will tell me. He told me that I would be blessed to reacognize and recieve a witness that certain people were friends that I had promised I would come preach the Gospel too. 

I am excited and humbled to be serving the Lord. I cannot think of any greater blessing than giving my life to His service. I;m going to go now. I love each one of you so so so so much! If I have time I will email mom how my birthday was! If I don't I'll write it down and send it in a letter. Just know that it was the best birthday I could have here in Brazil. I totally forgot I was 21 until I opened this email.
Keep up the hard work and love the Lord and His work.
God bless you all :) :)
-Sister Chatwin

Note: Sister Chatwin departs for Manaus next Tuesday, September 10, 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment